Even as Phuket braces for the first group of foreign arrivals under the Special Tourist Visa program, the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration approved the entry of five other groups of foreigners.
Foreign Affairs Ministry spokesman Natapanu Nopakun said Monday that the CCSA agreed, in principle, to allow six groups of international visitors to re-enter Thailand.
- Professional and amateur athletes including those participating in the Oct. 6-16 royal cycling marathon spanning Samut Songkhram, Petchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Chumphon, Ranong, and Surat Thani provinces, and a January badminton world tour event.
- Pilots and cabin crews who have visited the United States, the Earth’s biggest coronavirus hellhole.
- Those holding non-immigrant visas but do not have work permits. However, they will have had to have 500,000 baht in a Thai bank for the past six months to qualify.
- Holders of APEC Business Travel Cards.
- Others approved by the Foreign Affairs Ministry to stay in Thailand longer than 90 days.